I don't know about you, but this "being healthy stuff" can be really hard sometimes, and salads are not always my first pick for a meal. Am I the only one?
However, every once in a while I will stumble upon a recipe that just blows my mind and makes me forget that I'm eating a salad. This arugula salad would be one of those recipes.
Prepare yourself for the awesomeness
Here's what you'll need:
- Goat cheese
- Pine nuts (or Pignolias, as they call them at Trader Joe's)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
Here is how I make it:
- Chop up and cube the zucchini and squash (how much you use is really at your discretion)
- Pour the olive oil into a pan and put the temperature to around medium.
- Put the vegetables into the pan with the olive oil, stirring occasionally.
- Put salt on the vegetables when they start to sizzle a bit.
- While you are waiting for the vegetables to finish cooking, pour some balsamic vinegar and olive oil into a bowl and mix it up as best as you can.
- Put the arugula into a bowl and drizzle the balsamic vinegar/olive oil combination on top.
- At this point, the veggies should be done. Put them on a plate.
- If you would like to toast the pine nuts, now would be the time to put them in the pan on the lowest heat setting.
- Delicately place the arugula on top of the veggies, and drizzle the remaining dressing on top.
- Sprinkle some goat cheese on top of the arugula.
- Finally, after about a minute or two, the pine nuts should be thoroughly toasted. Sprinkle these on top of your salad.
It may take a little longer to make than a typical salad, but it's really not too hard, and the finished product is melt in your mouth divine. It has become a staple in my house. It's really that good.
Well, that's all! Thank you for stopping by, and hopefully I have inspired at least one of you to eat some salad. ;) Now go spread the word!